This is me

This is me
Aren't I handsome?

Thursday 19 May 2011

The times they are a changing my friend...

It has been too long!
"What on earth have you been doing with yourself Archie?" I hear each and every one of you cry! "We've missed you!" I know, I know and I'm sorry. It's a busy life being a dog and now Elly is at home, well my social life is just blooming. I have company more often, I get more walks and I have even made a few friends. I love the extra attention I'm getting although I do think I am putting on a few pounds. It's getting very hot over here and I just can't walk as far as I could before so I'm feeling a little porky. Don't get me wrong, I am still devastatingly handsome...I've still got it!

So what has been happening since my last post? So much! Elly has finished work, as I said, and she seems very happy and relaxed. James and Elly went on holiday to South Africa for a week and I went to stay with my friend Jon. I had a lovely time. I was a 'city dog' for a week. I got to walk up and down the Corniche and got lots of admiring looks! Jon and Helen are lovely, I enjoyed staying with them very much, although their friends were talking about dogknapping me! I'm not sure I liked the sound of that!

Granny and Poppa were here when I came home from Jon's, which was lovely. I enjoy their company very much and it's a bit of variety isn't it? Poppa and I like to walk together and Granny cooks some lovely smelling things! I do hope they come back soon.

I know I was talking about putting on a few pounds but Elly (don't tell her I said so), is looking bigger by the day! She has a huge belly now, I can hardly get my chin rested on it! She keeps pointing to it and tells me to bark, I haven't a clue what she's on about though. She really should do some more exercise or she'll end up a right porker, (again, don't tell her I said so!). I think she's returning to the UK soon, which is nice for her, I know she is very hot now (aren't we all?). I wish she could take me, I miss the hills and the Water of Leith, I think she does too. But I think I will be staying here. It's OK though as Priya will look after me - she's a good friend and fusses over me a lot. James will be around too, I believe, and we'll still go on our runs. I hate them, but I know they're good for me!

We've had loads of visitors. Jill and Gerry were here a while ago. I love them too, they make a fuss of me as well. I heard they had missed me so much that they got a dog of their own! Not as handsome as me, but I've seen her on Skype - she's quite cute (in a sisterly kind of way that is!).
Thomas came over too and stayed. He got a good tan and kept Elly company while James went to work and then James and Thomas visited Doha one night - very adventurous!

We have just had our last lot of visitors - the Scrimgeours! All in all I enjoyed their stay but it wasn't without it's dramas! When they first arrived I was very excited as they're about the same size as me - 'Great! Friends' I thought, but they made a lot of noise and ran away. I couldn't understand it - I just wanted to be friendly. However, the next day they seemed to be a bit more friendly and I got a few pats and strokes. Things got better from then on; Alastair cuddled me lots and Cameron was so generous, he shared his bottle with me and fed me every time he ate - such a generous boy! He was a little over enthusiastic in his cuddling sometimes and kept stealing my bed, but I didn't mind, perhaps he's part dog?
I know Elly was sad when they left the other day so I gave her some cuddles to make her feel better. I'm sure it's not long before she sees them again.

Also, I heard Elly talking about Jane and Tom! I think they're coming for this weekend. I'm very excited that Aunty Jane is coming, she's great. Although they're bound to be going out the house loads and leaving me behind, coming in late and being silly. Some people! Maybe they'll have a BBQ - they're great...always plenty of things falling on the floor at a BBQ!

So, as I said, it is getting hotter and hotter here and I believe it is set to increase even more. I don't know what I'm to do. I will just have to continue lounging around the house and hope the air-conditioning doesn't break-down. I've been doing some reading as there are plenty of new books in the house and they have loads of pictures of cute babies. I like babies, I hope we get one soon. They smell good and they share their food with me. Mmmmm....food. I can't stop thinking about it. It's a dog's life. I'd better get back to my snoozing. I'll be back soon, I promise.
Until the next time.
Over and out.

Archie


XXXX

4 comments:

  1. Archie, you are such an articulate little dog! Tell Ellie we miss her in Broxburn and are looking forward to seeing her soon when she visits the school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. شركة الفايد للخدمات المنزليه شركة تنظيف بابها
    افضل شركة تنظيف بابها
    لاننا الافضل فيتوجب علي الشركة الحفاظ علي ثقتك عزيزي العميلشركة تنظيف منازل بابها
    بابها تعتمد علي افضل اعماله المدربه علي اعلي مستوي من الكفائات ف شركة تنظيف شقق بابها
    هي الافضل علي الاطلاق ومن اهم خدماتنا شركة تنظيف بيوت بابها
    ومن الضروري ان الشركة لها تخصصات مميزه شركة تنظيف فلل بابها
    عزيزي العميل لا تحمل هم التنظيف بعد اليوم وخاصة شركة تنظيف سجاد بابها
    هي الافضل علي الاطلاق لان شركة تنظيف موكيت بابها
    لها باع طيل من الانجازات المتميزه في مجال التنظيف لان شركة تنظيف مجالس بابها
    تعتمد ايضا علي تنظيف الخزانات شركة تنظيف خزانات بابها
    تستعمل المواد الامنه للتنظيف شركة غسيل خزانات بابها
    هي الافضل فمن الضروري وجود شركة كشف تسربات المياه بابها
    شركة كشف تسربات بابها
    ويوجد لدي الشركة في منطقة ابها شركة مكافحة الحشرات بابها
    وشركة مكافحة حشرات بابها
    وشركة رش مبيد بابها
    ويتوجب علي الشركة توفر خدمات نقل العفش بابها لان شركة نقل اثاث بابها
    لديها افضل العماله ف شركة نقل عفش بابها
    تنال رضا العملاء

    ReplyDelete